Free Friday: Action!Henry

What would Henry Tilney do if his lady was in danger?  Become Action!Henry of course!


Unfortunately, the reading time for Action!Henry has passed, but if you liked it: get thee to Girlebooks.com and purchase a copy of Nachtsturm Castle!

And check out: The House of Strangeways, the latest Free Friday offering.

This week, in honour of everything Gothic, I'm sharing with you an deleted/expanded part of Chapter IV of Nachtsturm Castle.

If you haven't yet read the book, never fear!  All you need to know is that Catherine and Henry Tilney from Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey are finally on their honeymoon, travelling abroad.  Henry, of course, is determined to give his bride a "perfectly horrid" honeymoon, and Catherine - now very grown up and sensible - is trying to remain grown-up and sensible!

For more, please do check out Indie Jane's review of the book!  For those of you wondering how much of the Florentine adventure is really happened to this authoress - I'll tell you probably about 65%.


Comments

  1. I WOULD POST A RESPONSE BUT I HAVE SWOOOOOOONED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mags, thank you so much! I'd say you're "nice" but I fear Henry would brandish his dictionary at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wonderful!! Action!Henry indeed! "Una pistola..." I swooned at that moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts